Skip to main content

No Fear!

If you're breathing then I imagine you struggle with or have struggled with one or more of the following:
-worry
-stress
-fear
-rejection
-self loathing
-feeling of inadequacy
-self blame

The list goes on, but those are just of few of the most common feelings that people have, sometimes on a daily basis.

I know these feelings creep up on me more often than I'd like. When I start to feel any of the above, I remind myself that these feelings are NOT feelings from God. They are evil thoughts creeping their way into my mind and I refuse to agree with them. If I agree with these lies, then I'm denying that my Father is the King.

On Sunday, my husband started doubting himself and he wanted me to make him feel better. I realized almost immediately that he was being attacked by lies not from God (I wish I could say I do this every time lies creep up, but I don't...this was divine intervention). Instead of trying to think of positive, uplifting, and encouraging things to say to him to MAYBE get him to feel better, I told him, "Jarrod, we know the truth - the real truth that God has told us - that HE put us here and we are to do the job HE set us out to do. Whatever you're feeling right now is a lie from Satan and if you come into agreement with it, we are gonna go down a long road of dispair and discouragement." I just LOVE how he responded to this. Instead of fighting me and rationalizing his feelings, he immediately renounced the lies he believed and announced his agreement and alignment with our Heavenly Father.

After that prayer, his feeling of self-doubt was null and void...not even a topic of conversation. It was so easy to get back on track with God with a simple prayer (as opposed to me trying to find encouraging words for him).

It is so important not to come into agreement with thoughts from Satan. It is easy to discern WHICH thoughts are from Satan because they are simply counterproductive. They make you feel sad, discouraged, and depressed. OUR Heavenly Father loves us so much and produces patience, kindness, encouragement, love, peace, joy, goodness, etc.

Don't get me wrong - there ARE times when we need to be corrected by our Father but he does this in a way that makes you glad he pointed out the area of correction. He does it in a way that brings light and truth to your life - to make you see things you never saw. After correction from Him, you feel light, happy, grateful.

I get so excited about showing people the way God makes his children feel. I think it is so important to know our Heavenly Father and how he treats his children. Some people have a skewed perception of Him because they place their earthly father's image onto our Heavenly Father. Our Heavenly Father is a perfect Father - we are so lucky to be His children. Don't make the mistake of denying Him by agreeing with the enemy...make the CHOICE to believe truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...