Skip to main content

The Meaning

My name is Jessica and my husband's name is Jarrod. We believe in God. We also believe in the spiritual gifts. Jarrod is an associate pastor at a small church in our hometown. It is a non-denominational church; by this we mean we are Bible based, spirit filled people who just LOVE enjoying God. We each have very good and close knit families but we also view the church members as our family. We love them like sisters and brothers and really enjoy spending time with them. Everyone has their own passions; some of us share passions. My passions include my husband and dog, teaching math (even though I "retired" last year from the teaching field, I tutor students and use every chance I get to explain math to people), and a good, strong cup of coffee. :) My favorite spiritual gift to learn and practice and be practiced on is prophecy. Prophecies are when God's children ask their Father for a word and hear it through feelings, verses, maybe an audible voice, a thought appearing that is not their own, signs, etc. I'm bringing this up and explaining it because the name of this blog stems from a time when Jarrod and I were prophesied over at Covergence Church. (We go to Convergence Church at least twice a year for conferences, meetings, etc.) In Obtober of last year, we sat down with a prophecy team and told them our names - Jarrod and Jessica - and one of the guys said, "Ah, Jarrod, Jessica, and Jesus. That sounds nice." It wasn't a prophecy but I liked the ring to it combined with my love of math, it became the name of this blog: J to The Third. I'm not really sure of the purpose of this blog yet but in April of this year we were at Convergence Church again for a Pastor's Advance meeting and we received another word from God. The lady praying for us said I was going to start a business, it would be very successful, and it would start with a blog. Because of my immense desire to obey my Father, I'm starting a blog. LOL. I don't know what business I would start and I don't even know how I would do that but I've started this blog to open the door to whatever possibilities God wants to bring. For now I'll be posting our story and experiences we have in our walk with Him. I'm hoping He will bring to my mind what direction I need to take and praying He give me boldness and courage to do it.

Comments

  1. I am blown away (daily) at how amazing you are... We have just received this word and I would have never thought to simply get ourselves in position. I know that we do not know what we are to do yet, as far as a business, but I'm humbled by your willingness to simply get into position. This is a very good idea. I can already see the fruit of this thing in my own heart. It swells with love for you and stands as a testimony to what we truly believe. Keep on keeping on... I will always remain your greatest supporter
    Jarrod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Jessica! You have a very easy to read writing style. I love how you're just doing what you heard your father say you would do. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on what I know is going to be an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...