Skip to main content

Lose Control

It's hard to let go sometimes, isn't it? Maybe not for everyone but for a lot of people, it's easier to just do things yourself so you know it'll be done "right" (by right I mean done the way you want it). Or even the times when things are NOT getting done we think, "I'll just do it myself!" In the past year, God has been teaching me that I am not the one that controls my circumstances, He is. Quite frankly, He's teaching me how much easier it is if I just hand over the reins. What's funny is He had the reins the whole time! We just THINK we have control.

God has revealed this to me through recent events and the quality of my life has greatly improved. Once we figure this out and let Him rule, everything else falls into place...everything seems to get easier...we start to feel real freedom. In reality, my circumstances, financially or physically or anything else I've been worried about, have not changed at all; my mind has been transformed by Him and I LOOK at or perceive my circumstances the way He wants me to. The first step is always the hardest. Just let go and fall...He WILL catch you!

I wanted to end here but this reminded me of a dream I had when I was trying to figure out what we needed to do after I quit teaching. The grass was green and the sky a beautiful blue. I started floating (like in the bubble room of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory) and it was AWESOME! Then I realized what was happening and freaked out a little...started flapping my arms to stay afloat. And wouldn't you know I plummeted to the ground. So I relax again and float back up. This repeats until I finally figure out that the harder I try, the further I fall. If I just relax and let God handle my life, I feel light as a feather. After I woke up, I begged Him to let me dream about floating again because it was such an amazing feeling; fortunately, He didn't give me the dream again...He is allowing me to LIVE it and I've never felt lighter.

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Coincidence that I am reading your blog and in tears because I know that God has used you to speak to my heart. I think not!

    SO excited to see what God has in store for you!

    Love ya!
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Diana, I'm so glad God was able to use me to speak to you. You're so sweet and an amazing person. Love you ~Jess

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...